Level 3 & 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
This exciting and stimulating course will give you the skills you need to start a rewarding career working with clients within or outside the sporting industry. The main focus of sports massage is the ability to help alleviate aches and pains through manipulation, massage and rehabilitation techniques. It can effectively deal with a variety of musculoskeletal problems, it will aid recovery, reduce symptoms/pain and improve sporting performance.
There is an increased demand for sports massage treatments. It is a rewarding, diverse and interesting career with potential of a successful business. Most sports massage therapists are self employed, this enables a therapist to effectively treat a wide range of clients from different backgrounds.
This qualification will complement a personal trainer's career, offering another service and expertise to the personal trainers client base. The role of a sports massage therapist is to provide a professional service to all clients, this will include a client assessment/consultation, sports massage treatment and soft tissue techniques and post treatment advice.
Covering subjects include Level 3
This course will develop the learner's skills, competency, knowledge and application in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Anatomy and Physiology for massage
- Applying sports massage techniques
- Assessing clients and treatment planning
- Assisting soft tissue repair
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Providing Pre & post Massage techniques
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Understand the Clinical Procedures for Client Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Conduct Objective Physical Assessments
- Understand the Purpose of Neuromuscular and Tissue Mobilisation Techniques in Sports Massage and the Skills to be able to Apply Effective Neuromuscular and Tissue Mobilisation Techniques.
- Utilise Soft Tissue Techniques Appropriate to Specific Clients
- Understand Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
- Treat and/or Seek to Correct Common Patterns of Dysfunction and Suitable Pre-Diagnosed Injuries
- Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessments
- Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury
- Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
Course Assessment Level 3
- Theory Exam A&P (Multiple Choice)
- Practical examination and treatments
- Practical Assessments
- Joint & Palpation Tasks
Following the Sports Massage course you will be able to: Level 3
Gather and analyse information about a client and apply various massage techniques, advise on exercise, understand the structure and function of the anatomy to your clients and treat them with confidence.
You will be able to diagnose common injuries and dysfunctions by gaining a better understanding of assessment and more advanced techniques.
Sports Massage Course Duration Level 3
Our Sports Massage course will take place for 6 days, group numbers are limited to 10 per group. This will provide you with knowledge and experience to lead in to potential employed work with clubs or self employed work. You will also be required and expected to continue extra work in your own time to meet the demands of the course. It is recommended you gain first aid if work self-employed and look at a business course we offer to help you focus and manage your business.
Sports Massage Course Duration Level 4
6 days over the selected dates below you will need time to practice and develop the skills you have learn't ready to bring them
Sports Massage RequirementsThe learners must be adults (16+). There are no entry requirements, however the course does require some physical activity, so learners must be fit and healthy. The course will include discussions, presentations, reading and writing so the learner should have these basic requirements. This Active IQ endorsed course is also available to Beauty Therapists wishing to add Sports Massage to their skill set.
Course Price Includes
- Course Registrations
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Course Manuals
- Course assessment fees and assessments
- Eligible for Level 3 Status on REPs
- 20 CPD credits
Level 3 11th, 12th March, 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th April 2019 Level 4 26th April, 3rd, 10th, 17th May, 7th, 14th, 27th June 2019 (9:30am-5pm) Theory Exam choices - 18th April, 24th May, 21st June 2019 (9am Start)
£2565 if paying in full or Deposit £283.50 & 12 x payments of £212.63 (subject to conditions -£2835 total payable)
Kent Sport Academy, Epps Building, Bridge Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1BB
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
See www.facebook.com/kentsportsacademy for special offers.
Also see the Level 4 Sports Massage course and price